Medical History and images from historical surgery and hospital treatments after surgery.
1818 Elements of Surgery. Via Google Books (PD-200)Continue reading →
Have You Read My non-Fiction Regency Life Series?Continue reading →
Historical Medical Equipment Part 2
Some favorites by Suzi Love
In Part 1, I showed you some cases to hold medical equipment for traveling or for doctor’s house calls.
Now I’d like to share some of the wilder (to us, anyway) instruments used by doctors and nurses. Thinking about how some of them were used makes me shudder.
How about you? Would you like these used on you?
Especially if there was no anaesthetic or pain relief.
Regency Research Links:
Have you visited these?
Since so many people have asked me about good sites to do Regency Research, I thought I’d start sharing some of them.
Today I have links for 5 topics: Carriages, Postal, Houses, Medical, Weapons
Have you been to these sites and found them helpful? Know of others to add to these lists?
Or found that a site no longer exists?
Let me know.
Want to know about coaches and carriages?
- Georgian Index Carriages
- London Hackney Coaches
- Coaching History
- A Selection of Georgian Coaches
- Candice Hern Carriage Glossary
- London Transport Museum
- History of Transport and Travel
- Carriages for Historical Novelist
- Museum of Carriages
- Horses, Carts, Carriages Manufacturer
- Carriages 1750-1900
- Pinterest History Transport (Suzi Love)
- Want to know about postage?
- Postal Heritage UK
- Bath Postal Museum
- Letters From The Past
- British Postal Service
- Library of Scotland Postal
- The Royal Mail (Book)
- Pinterest Postal (Suzi Love)
- Going Postal Austen Authors
Want to know about houses?
- Regency Town House
- Regency Textiles
- Great Regency Houses
- Building Storeys
- Shire Books
- Spitalfields Life
- London Historians
- Garden History Society
- Pinterest – History Houses (Suzi Love)
- Pinterest – London Places
- One Royal Crescent
- Building of Bath Collection
- What Jane Saw
- James Gray Collection
- Want to know about medical things?
- Doctors and Medical Care by Vic Sanborn
- Recipes for Medicinals and Cosmetics
- The Quack Doctor
- Medical History of British India
- The Garret and Old Operating Theatre – MY FAVORITE LONDON PLACE!
- Suicide, Lunacy, and Asylum
- Medicine in the 18th Century
- Medical Heritage UK
- Royal Chelsea Hospital
- Yale Medical Library
- Collect Medical Antiques
- Bodies of Knowledge UK
- Gracie’s Guide Medicine and Toiletries
- Medical Museion
- The Sick Child Wellcome Library
- Dr Jenner Smallpox Museum UK – Another personal favorite in UK!
- Science and Society
- Historical Anatomies
- Regency Researcher Medicine
- Jane Austen’s World Medical
- Really Scary (Austen Authors)
- Doctors in Regency (The Beau Monde Blog)
- Everyday Medicine in Regency (Creating Emma)
- Regency Medical Men (Romancing The Past)
- Regency Medicine (Historical and Regency Romance UK)
Want to know about guns and pistols?
- Ladies Muff Pistol http://www.gunslot.com/pictures/ladies-muff-pistol
- Lewis and Clarke Flintlock Pistol
- Loading and Shooting Arsa “Manton” Flintlock Black-Powder Pistol .45 caliber – YouTube
- Pinterest – History Weapons ( Suzi Love )
- How Stuff Works
- Probert Weapons
- British Postal Weapons
- Pistols by Donna Hatch
- Historic Replica Guns